Shelby County Schools
Shelby County Schools is seeking qualified applicants for the following position(s):
Project Graduation - Part Time - Dance Teacher
Shelby County Schools
Purpose and Scope:
Provides professional instructions designed to provide academic, social, physical, and skills development in special classes for at-risk students in specific grades/subject areas to enable the students to graduate from high school on-time.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Creates an educational environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and needs of the students by establishing daily classroom routines and presenting well prepared and engaging lessons to prepare students for on-time graduation. Devises new methods of teaching when conventional methods seem to be unsuccessful.
2. Implements best practices by adhering to the program-wide instructional protocols to ensure at-risk students are engaged and motivated to learn. Uses researched-based best practices.
3. Implements Project Graduation program components to ensure students benefit from the program. Ensures students utilize the technology component for TN Ready practice and assessment simulation, as well as teacher-student interaction.
4. Establishes a standard of classroom behavior by maintaining professional behavior and work ethics aligned with SCS policies for educators. Models respect for self, peers, students and all other stakeholders. Maintains a safe and clean learning environment.
5. Effectively communicates with staff, site administrator and all other stakeholders by presenting students’ progress reports, attendance reports and student work samples.
6. Plans curriculum and prepares lessons by adhering to the District’s curriculum to ensure the College and Career Readiness Anchor Standards are being addressed. Gears instruction towards students’ abilities and interests.
7. Compiles, prepares and organizes classroom instructional material by having resources readily available to preserve instructional time. Establishes work stations and provides students with resources to support their learning. Provides evidence of preparation to supervisor.
8. Monitors, assesses, documents and adjusts instructional plans by considering individual student progress in order to tailor the lesson to their individual needs. Uses student performance on weekly assignments, exit tickets or learning tasks to adjust, reteach, make revisions or create new tasks.
9. Motivates students and provides consistent reinforcement of learning skills related to their academic success. Provides immediate verbal feedback throughout the lesson and during one on one interactions. Returns graded assignments in a timely manner and provides project rubrics to students for all learning activities.
10. Maintains accurate and complete records as required by law and district administrative regulations. Submits documentation such as course syllabi and attendance reports to provide accurate transcripts. Inputs grades into Power School SMS.
11. Adheres to all pertinent federal, state, local and SCS policies, procedures, laws, regulations, codes and ordinances. Abides by the District curriculum, the State End of Course testing, required building safety drills and the progressive discipline plan for students.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or a closely related field and a valid Tennessee Teaching License with an endorsement in the grade/subject taught. Governed by the Rules and Regulations of the Tennessee Code Annotated and the Memorandum of Understanding for Teachers. Three (3) years of successful teaching experience preferred.
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 6 years plus required years of experience.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
SCS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. SCS provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and implement diverse teaching strategies that accommodate the learning style of students and that promote both acquisition and application of knowledge and understanding.
- Knowledge of, ability to develop, and commitment to use emerging technologies and alternative delivery methodologies appropriately, including content software, web-enhancements, etc.
- Ability to understand Project Graduation requirements, operating procedures and the Division of Alternative Education requirements.
- Ability to use consistent, timely, formative and summative assessment measurements to enhance learning.
- Commitment to stay current and continually improve knowledge and understanding of the program’s core academic areas and career readiness core components.
- Ability to design and implement curriculum that aligns elements of student learning toward the growth of core components in the program’s curriculum model.
- Skill in using personal computers, Microsoft Office software and SMS Power School.
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
If you are interested in submitting your application to this position click on the Apply Now button above. You must register with Eduation America Network to complete the application process. Registration is free and only takes a few minutes. You will be asked to verify you email address. Once your email address is verified and you complete the registration process you will be able to apply to this and other jobs posted on Education America Network.
The job posting above from Shelby County Schools may require
certification levels, qualifications or eligibility requirements for
being employed in the United States or the state of Tennessee. Please read the
carefully! DO NOT apply or send unsolicited resumes if you do not meet the
requirements listed by Shelby County Schools in their postings.
Shelby County Schools
Website : http://www.scsk12.org