Cox Media, Inc
The part time air talent position includes a mix of live and pre-recorded (tracked vs. live) air shifts to host the music format and communicate to the listeners - - key product details and promotions as outlined by the station s Strategic Action Plan and format clock outline. This position also requires a fill in on demand element to cover air shifts for, but not limited to: sick leave absence of full time air personalities, vacation schedule relief, special company holiday fill ins, and or emergency situations. (i.e. weather, local emergency, CMT needs). Additionally, fill-ins and regular part-time shifts can require station event attendance, promotions, sales remotes etc. as needed, but with no guarantee of, hours (but not to extend over 29.5 hours per week)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Live air shift as scheduled by Supervisor.
* Voice track automation of pre-recorded air shifts.
* Station event appearances as scheduled to include: station concerts for the purpose of handing out station promotional items, directing listener questions at booth, assisting programming and promotions staff with giveaway execution and distribution.
* Occasionally in-house commercial production and voice over assignments as a function of filling in for full time personality s air shift per vacation/sick leave schedule determined by program director.
* Attending station programming meetings, training (per request), and station staff meetings (as needed).
* Be available for scheduled air check review sessions for monitoring personality s performance and coaching of on air presentation and techniques and suggestions.
* Miscellaneous other duties upon request.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Maestro and Adobe 3.0 knowledge is essential.
* Promo Suite knowledge helpful.
* Minimum of two years on-air experience.
* Requires good typing skills.
* Requires excellent communication skills.
* Requires good interpersonal skills.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
* Four (4) year college degree preferred but not required.
* Minimum of two (2) years on-air radio experience.
NECESSARY LANGUAGE SKILLS:
* Able to communicate in English.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to handle, or feel objects; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Reliable mode of transportation
* Night and weekend work is required
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Rare.us, Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and All22. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps - the country s biggest television rep firm - Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ORGANIZATION: Cox Media Group
PRIMARY LOCATION: US-NY-West Babylon-555 Sunrise Highway
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Regular
JOB LEVEL: Individual Contributor
UNPOSTING DATE: Ongoing.
Cox Media, Inc
Website : http://www.coxmedia.com