HCA Holdings, Inc
TriStar Skyline Madison Campus - Madison, TN
TriStar Skyline Madison is a mental health facility providing behavioral health services to the greater Nashville area. Our psychiatrists, therapists, nurses and other specialists are dedicated to improving the lives of our patients. We are committed to helping adolescents, adults and seniors recover from different mental health disorders and substance abuse. Treatment programs are designed for personalized care and offer a variety of options including inpatient, partial hospitalization and outpatient care. Our behavioral health navigator works with individuals and their loved ones to find the right plan for each patient.
is seeking a Music Therapist
to work PRN
• Effectively assesses the therapeutic needs of a behavioral patient.
• Sets measurable treatment goals to become part of the interdisciplinary treatment plan.
• Effectively communicates the patient's therapeutic needs to the treatment team.
• Effectively assesses and consistently documents the patient's leisure, social, recreational abilities, deficiencies, interests, barriers, life experiences and potential.
• Plans and implements treatment interventions to effectively meet the needs of the patient.
• Designs and implements individualized recreational therapeutic treatment.
• Demonstrates knowledge and competence with the electronic medical record program.
• Provides written documentation per patient per group on a daily basis.
• Plans and implements special events on a seasonal basis for all behavioral units.
• Provides opportunities for community reintegration.
• Provides appropriate patient education.
• Embraces the concept that as professionals in the complex and ever changing field of mental health treatment, recreational therapists must be active life-long learners.
• Plans and facilitates recreational therapy groups as scheduled per unit.
• Provides documentation at time of evaluation of involvement in continuing education.
• Educates co-workers on the benefits of involvement in recreational therapy.
• Utilizes continuing education to better serve the patient, patient's family, staff and community.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psycho/social, educational, safety and related criteria, appropriate to the age of patients served in his/her assigned services area.
• Demonstrates competency in interpretation of patient's self-reported or behavior related to the age of the patient.
• Understands the cognitive, physiologic, psychological and growth and maturational development of the patient as it relates to his/her age.
• Demonstrates ability to access age specific data.
• Demonstrates the ability to integrate age specific factors into the plan of care and involves the patient and family in the care plan process as appropriate to age. (Age of Patient Population Served: Adolescent, Adult, and Geriatric).
• Demonstrates accountability in decision-making processes.
• Takes initiative to assist other staff in completion of their assignments, as needed.
• Accepts reassignment and additional duties, when necessary, in a flexible and positive manner.
• Consistently protects patient confidentiality as outlined in state and federal statutes.
HCA Holdings, Inc
Website : http://hcahealthcare.com
At its founding in 1968, Nashville-based HCA was one of the nation's first hospital companies. Today, we are the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, a company comprised of locally managed facilities that includes about 165 hospitals and 115 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and England and employing approximately 204,000 people. Approximately four to five percent of all inpatient care delivered in the country today is provided by HCA facilities. Milton Johnson serves as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of HCA. HCA is committed to the care and improvement of human life and strives to deliver high quality, cost effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Building on the foundation provided by our Mission & Values, HCA puts patients first and works to constantly improve the care we give them by implementing measures that support our caregivers, help ensure patient safety and provide the highest possible quality. Investing in our communities is important to us. HCA typically invests about $1.5 billion annually to keep our facilities modern and up-to-date technologically and to expand and add services where needed. Focusing primarily on communities where the company is a leading healthcare provider, HCA selectively adds new facilities in order to better serve our communities. And because two HCA founders were physicians, we value highly the strong relationships we've created with local physicians. We endeavor to provide them with a wide array of services and modern facilities in order to help them deliver the best possible care.