Encompass Digital Media
MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR
LOCATION: ATLANTA, GA
POSITION TYPE: FULL-TIME, NON-EXEMPT
ENCOMPASS IS A GLOBAL TECHNOLOGY SERVICES COMPANY FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING BROADCAST, CABLE AND DIGITAL LEADERS. WE DESIGN, IMPLEMENT AND OPERATE RELIABLE VIDEO SOLUTIONS THAT CAPTURE, PROCESS AND DELIVER OUR CLIENTS VIDEO CONTENT FROM ANY SOURCE, IN ANY FORMAT, TO ANY DESTINATION IN THE MOST EFFICIENT MANNER POSSIBLE.
* Under the direction of the Master Control Supervisor, this position will be responsible for maintaining video and audio functions of Master Control and insuring the integrity of the network origination of up to twenty-four digital channels 24x7.
* The ideal candidate should be familiar with the operating functionality of various types of broadcast equipment. He/she will be required to maintain discrepancy reports and troubleshoot technical issues in Master Control, as well as have the ability and composure to perform in an emergency on-air outage situation. In addition, the ability to handle multiple responsibilities is a plus.
* Must be focused, diligent and detail-oriented
* Must be a quick learner and willing to adapt to new technologies, new tasks and workflow procedures
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deal with changing requirements and priorities
* Able to recognize priority issues and elevate them to Supervisors, IT and Engineering staff
* Capability to generate and fill out reports in order to track progress and provide specific details to Supervisors in order to troubleshoot any technical issues
* Complete Shift Reports with the level of detail to communicate to Management and team members any outstanding issues or follow up needed
* Be able to work both independently and in a team environment
* The ideal candidate must also have the aptitude to work in a TOC environment.
* Other duties as assigned
* Understanding of broadcast automation systems
* Experience using and understanding various routers
* Understanding of video formats (NTSC and PAL)
* Perform all playback and monitoring functions for the origination of multiple 24x7 server based satellite broadcast channels
* Review, edit, monitor and confirm the on-going reliability of the automation play-list
* Maintain all appropriate on air logs and discrepancy reports
* Thorough understanding of aspect ratios and the ability to identify them
* Ability to analyze video through Vectorscopes and Waveform monitors
* Exceptional communication and follow up, both written and oral
* Computer experience: using Outlook, Word, Excel, file folder structures, network drives, and Internet browsers
* The candidate should have at least two years of experience in a multi-channel broadcast facility.
* Understanding of Fiber/Satellite operations
* He/she should be detail oriented, capable of working under pressure and capable of performing and tracking multiple tasks during each shift.
* He/she must be capable of taking direction from the Supervisor, Master Control.
* He/she must also be able to work flexible hours.
* B.A. Degree from a four-year university or two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
* College degree in TV and Films or Journalism is preferred
ENCOMPASS DIGITAL MEDIA IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. M/F/DISABILITY/VETERAN