Job Description & How to Apply Below
Large government organization in Ventura has a very long term contract position open for an experienced .NET Application Architect.
Due to security issues, an extensive background check is required prior to starting the position.
The Application Architect develops procedures, writes, tests, implements and maintains application programs. Provides system solutions and recommends the appropriate mix of current technologies to customers. Performs related research, requirement definitions, analysis, development and implementation of major modifications to existing systems or the development of new systems.
Responsible for recommending system standards, plans, organizes, monitors and evaluates the performance of systems; prepares progress and status reports for internal management.
• Codes,tests and compiles application programs from program specifications according to departmental standards.
• Designs logic for individual programs or program systems; translates procedures into a series of coded detailed operating instructions; selects sub-routines and other programming aides.
• Creates test environments and data to locate logic errors; tests coded programs and analyzes results to eliminate errors.
• Develops documentation of programs and procedures; prepares reports, keeps records and maintains files.
• Support existing production applications to ensure stability and assists in the solution of operational difficulties encountered in executing programs.
• Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems.
• Research and make recommendations on software products and services in support of procurement and development efforts.
• Collaborate with analysts, designers, and system owners in the testing of new software programs and applications.
• Identify and resolve program errors.
• Design, develop, and install enhancements and upgrades to systems and application software.
• Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices.
Ten (10) years experience with the following:
• Develop, test and implementation of medium to large applications and systems in relevant tools such as ASP.NET, MV, WEB API and C#.
• Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
• Microsoft Visual Studio.
• Experience securing mixed client applications including desktop, web and mobile.
Thorough knowledge of:
• Single page applications/AJAX
• SQL databases, Transact-SQL and stored procedures
• Git source control
• Experience in all aspects of large scale IT solutions implementation, including applications development/maintenance and overall change management/quality control
Comprehensive ability to:
• Facilitate and document customer functional and data requirements
• Propose the appropriate mix of technology and procedural solutions
• Analyze complex procedures and develop logical conclusions
• Pro-actively recognize and remediate application security risks
• Participate in the analysis, programming, testing and/or implementation of proposed systems
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Experience or knowledge of:
• REST-based web services
• Microsoft Power BI
• Data Mining/Analysis
• Microsoft SharePoint
• Microsoft SQL Reporting Services
• Content Management Systems (Joomla, WordPress, etc)
• Mobile technologies
- provided by Dice Exp. develop, test and implementation of medium to large applications and systems in relevant tools such as ASP.NET, MV, WEB API and C#. Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS).
1 to 2 Years