KXAN / KBVO-CA / KBVO / KNVA
Position/Title: Senior Account Executive
Nexstar Media Group, the largest TV station operator in thE country. With the reach of 170 full power television stations in 100 markets addressing nearly 38.7% of US television households, and a diversified, growing digital media operation, Nexstar Media Group offers superior audience engagement across all media devices and local broadcast television’s unrivaled influence on consumers’ purchasing and political decisions. From the very beginning, Nexstar has cultivated an organization-wide commitment to providing superior, unique local content that is relevant to each of the communities it serves, while offering local businesses, advertisers and brands the ability to engage and connect with local communities. As the nation’s largest local media group, Nexstar now delivers its unparalleled local programming and service to approximately 39% percent of U.S. television households and offers more local audiences, clients and advertisers 24/7 access to compelling content and results-oriented marketing opportunities across all screens and devices.
In addition to the tremendous growth of Nexstar’s local
television operations, the company has built a leading portfolio of digital products and services to deliver the power and reach of digital content publishing, marketing and advertising to clients and advertisers. Along with its digital publishing / video advertising platforms and digital agency services, Nexstar digital has expanded to add complementary capabilities including native advertising, social media, ad ops, design, development and a host of other valuable products and services.
In Austin, Texas, Nexstar owns and operated three broadcast stations: KXAN (NBC), KNVA (CW), and KBVO (My Network TV). KXAN-TV is committed to succinct and powerful hard news coverage through its in-depth, investigative brand and is consistently the #1 most viewed news station in the market. KXAN Investigates is a nationally-recognized, award-winning team of nine journalists – the largest investigative unit in Central Texas. The team was recently honored with the national IRE Award from the Investigative Reporters & Editors organization. We tackle stories that hold our leaders accountable and work to enrich our community. Our In-depth, investigative brand is promised and delivered daily. KXAN First Warning weather is also the dominant weather brand in the market led by 26 year KXAN veteran, Jim Spencer, our chief weathercaster.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 2/28/2018
Closing Date: 3/28/2018
City: Austin - 78701
· Minimum of 5 year local sales experience with a track record of meeting/exceeding revenue goals
· Strong consultative sales skills, relationship building and customer services skills
· Self-starter with the ability to operate in a fast pasted, entrepreneurial environment
· Working knowledge of media sales
· Ability to forecast projected revenue
· A focus on growing average deal size, improving close ratio, and balancing the ratio of custom to standard programs
· Demonstrated presentation skills to large and small groups
· Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
· Strong negotiation, time management, prioritization and organization skills
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
· Positive outlook and attitude
· Works well within a team and individually
Nexstar Media Group seeks an Account Executive in Austin, Texas to grow sales across key local advertising buying agencies and clients. The primary responsibility is to generate, drive and grow new local business revenue from advertisers and their agencies by aligning their marketing objectives with Nexstar’s portfolio of local advertising and marketing solutions. This is a high-velocity sales role requiring solid local industry expertise, relationships and a proven ability for closing deals. We’re looking for a candidate to sell across platforms, to include broadcast television (KXAN-TV, KNVA-TV, and KBVO-TV) and digital (HYFN
Local) advertising solutions customized to meet client needs.
The ideal candidate is assertive, creative, and resourceful and must enjoy working in a highly entrepreneurial environment. The successful candidate will identify and provide solutions to client marketing needs. The position requires outstanding sales
and communication skills to develop, maintain, and enhance advertising relationships.
Executive's core responsibility is to meet, if not exceed, multiple revenue targets.
Essential Job Functions:
· Deliver results for advertisers.
· Maintain customer satisfaction and accountability through consultative selling.
· Engage in all stages of the sales cycle, from prospecting to developing customer rapport, closing business, growing revenue and servicing accounts.
· Expand sales footprint with existing and new accounts by introducing new products and services.
· Complete appropriate sales activity reports and forecasts as required.
· Meet, if not exceeding weekly, monthly and quarterly sales activity goal.
· Maintain rate and product integrity to ensure maximum company profitability.
· Meet with key decision makers and develop customized, solution-oriented advertising campaigns.
· Prepare and present media proposals to new and existing customers, driving new business as well as growing existing customer investments
Essential Job Competencies:
· Ability to research, build and sell advertising schedules that will get results.
· Deep knowledge of how advertising works, specifically how targeted advertising can grow your client’s sales and bottom line.
· Ability to explain the strengths and weaknesses of all media types and make strategic, data-driven advertising recommendations
· Active, engaged prospector seeking out new customers every day, able to uncover client needs and present advertising plans to get results.
· Skilled at building deep lasting relationships to foster annual, long term business.
· Curious and continuously seeks knowledge to stay current with industry trends.
· Understands consumer research and demonstrates the ability to analyze, synthesize and communicate it to the client.
· Ability to evaluate and understand the competitive landscape in a given marketplace.
Equal opportunity employer minorities/women/veterans/disabled
Contact: Apply online at: https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/JobSearch/viewAll
Job Req #: 7465
KXAN / KBVO-CA / KBVO / KNVA
Nexstar Media Group