Category: Media - Journalism - Newspaper
Position/Title: Talk Show Producer
Primary Industry: Broadcasting - Radio - TV
Manage Others: No
Producer of Good
Morning Texas hour long show. Candidate needs to know how to assemble a
rundown, booth and time a live show, book guests and write interview segments.
Must be proficient in pop culture, films, books, and consumer news and be able
to develop sources for stories throughout local communities. Candidate should
be able to work in a fast paced environment and face daily deadlines, and
generate story ideas at planning meetings.
Responsibilities: (Please list the position’s responsibilities from most time consuming to least; for non-management positions, please include % of time for each responsibility):
· Works closely with and coordinates assignments with executive producer and segment producers. 20%
· Responsible for developing sources in special areas of interest for GMT.
· Will be assigned a variety of interview stories to write from sales-oriented to human interest to entertainment.20%
· Must have the ability to work under pressure with assigned deadlines.
· Manage story selection and fill out the rundown. 15%
· Manage the show from the control room booth. 15%
· Manage calendar entries and potential conflicts with paid content.
· Generate useful story ideas and contribute to overall show content. 20%
· Post segments to the website and post to social media. Post video to clip extractor. 10%
· Keeps abreast of local, national and world events by reading local newspapers, magazines and by monitoring other morning entertainment and news programs.
· Must be knowledgeable about Dallas/Fort Worth area from the arts and entertainment to community interest.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 12/20/2017
Closing Date: 3/20/2018
Experience: 4 Year(s)
· Bachelor’s Degree
· 4-5 years medium to major market tv experience producing
· Camera shooting skills are a plus.
· Computer skills necessary (Word, I News, etc)
· Valid driver’s license
· Use computer ENPS video program
Contact Company: TEGNA, Inc.
Contact E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Details: Deidre Davis
Apply Online URL: https://www.jobs.net/jobs/tegna/en-us/job/United-States/Talk-Show-Producer/J3T1LW5ZDDV8S0RPNL5/