Interscope Geffen A&M Records
The Vice President of Non-Traditional Fulfilment Operations will own and manage all Direct to Consumer (DTC) supplier and logistics processes required to deliver high performance service results from an end to end supply chain perspective.
She/he will manage vendor and supply chain partner relationships, and participating in ongoing process improvement. This includes ownership of RFI/RFP development, vendor analysis, vendor selection, contracting processes, vendor performance management and KPI/Balanced Scorecards. In addition, she/he will manage implementation projects and maintain responsibility for internal and external projects by implementing new Supply Chain Solutions and Performance Improvement initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have business planning experience, where she/he will develop and manage departmental budgets- short, medium, and long term planning, as well as, monitoring cost to serve metrics and performance.
Day to Day Fulfilment Operations. Ensure on time and complete fulfilment of Direct to Consumer orders for UMG Globally.
• Demand and Supply planning
• Inventory planning and replenishment for Catalog product
• Milestone management and inventory availability for New Release product
• Issue resolution management
• Collaboration across all UMG Labels and business units
• Supplier relationships management with all Packaging, Print, Manufacturing, Distribution and Transportation Suppliers
• Supply Chain risk assessment
• Communication optimization
• Process/procedure development
• Supplier audits and actions planning
• Supplier certification for high profile, high security fulfilment
• Supplier Performance management and KPI development
Vendor agreements and contracts
• Vendor negotiation
• Contract management and maintenance working closely with Operations, Legal and Finance
• Quarterly Business Reviews with key suppliers
Strategic Process Improvement
• Participate in the evaluation of current Supply Chain systems recommending system enhancements and modifications. Develop, evaluate, document, and improve department / inter-department processes and implement recommendations.
• Process improvement. Initial focus will be on Supply Chain Quality improvement and Lead Time reduction, working closely with Supplier base
• Strategic demand, production and capacity planning management
• Strategic partnerships leveraging supplier process leadership
• Owns responsibility for the development and utilization of reports and performance indicators.
• Implement Vendor balanced scorecards, KPIs and operational improvements consistently across the Operations
Supply Chain Total Delivered Cost (TDC)
• Drives improvement in TDC through Supplier Base initiatives and process improvements
• Identify and Implement improvement to achieve and improve TDC targets
Domain Leadership and Judgement
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and transform order fulfilment operations
• Proven thought leadership in Vendor management. Preferably in Media, Entertainment and Branded Product segments
• End to end Supply Chain process and systems domain knowledge and experience
• Interpersonal flexibility and ability to collaborate across levels, teams, with external partners on an international basis
• Balance needs of UMG, customers and vendors while enhancing the financial performance of the Supply Chain
• Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders
• Drive change and innovation in line with overall UMG SC Strategy
• Proven interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Expresses written ideas, thoughts, or facts in a clear, convincing, and organized way
• Embraces teamwork; shares ideas and methods to improve performance
• Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions and provide recommendations in a clear and concise manner
• Has proven skills in designing and implementing statistical performance metrics
• Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
• 8-10 years within supply chain operations,including 3-5 at a senior level, preferably in the Media, Entertainment and Branded Product segments. Omni channel fufilment experience will be a big plus.
• Vendor Management and specifically print vendor management experience
• Supply Chain domain knowledge with solid understanding and demonstrated results in all the areas of supply chain including end to end Key Performance Indicators and Operation Excellence initiatives, Supply Chain Processes and Systems
• Contract management or commercial experience, including managing senior client relationships
• Leadership experience
• Experience in managing outsourced supply chain solutions
• BA/BS in Supply Chain, Business or related field; or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-231 in the application.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records
Website : http://www.interscope.com
Universal Music Group (UMG) leads the music industry in global sales with an estimated worldwide market share in 2005 of 25.6%. Its global operations encompass the development, marketing, sales and distribution of recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries, representing approximately 98% of the music market.