OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Under the general supervision of Guest Services Manager or the Concession Manager, the work involves the sale of admission tickets and tokens as well as the sale and merchandising of gift shop inventory. This position also assists with Abilene Zoo activities, functions, and programs by providing customer service to patrons and assuring that procedures and rules are followed by patrons.
This position exercises no supervision.
Examples of Duties
Responsible for the sale of patron admission tickets, tokens and Zoo gift Shop merchandise.
Cleans and maintains the Zoo Gift Shop including inventorying and cleaning the stockroom, including dusting and cleaning products and merchandise.
Merchandise and display Gift Shop items in accordance with set standards and layout plans.
Responsible for cash handling activities.
Provide courteous quality customer service to visiting guests.
Assists with day–to-day operations of the Abilene Zoo.
OTHER JOB RELATED DUTIES
Perform other job related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Basic math skills including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
Provide good customer service and communicate clearly.
Manage time effectively.
Provide exceptional customer service.
Efficiently and accurately manage cash handling functions.
Work in outdoor conditions and in extreme heat and cold.
Use math skills to calculate, maintain and verify cash transactions.
Follow and enforce the Zoo rules, policies and procedures.
Verbally communicate with the public and staff effectively and use proper telephone etiquette.
Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work, both internally and externally.
Follow and embrace the **MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Core Values – Respect, Integrity, Service Above Self, and Excellence in All We Do.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training to provide the required knowledge, skills, and abilities may be qualifying. Knowledge, skills, and abilities may be obtained through:
This is an entry level position, but preference may be given to individuals with previous retail sales experience.
A high school diploma GED is preferred.
License or Certificate:
No licenses or certificates are required.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
Must be able to work a flexible work schedule that may include nights, holidays, and weekends.
Ability to work in outdoor conditions including extreme heat and cold.
Must be at least 16 years old.
With or without accommodation, ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
**MEMBERS ONLY**SIGN UP NOW***. Core Values
* Demonstrating through our actions that we hold ourselves and our citizens in high enough regard to do what we say we will do, in the timeframe we commit to.
* Recognizing that everyone has dignity and deserves helpful, courteous, and prompt attention.
* Consistently doing what is necessary, expected, and required, and when able to do so, exceeding expectations.
* Possessing an unwavering commitment to doing the right things right.
* Consistently adhering to high professional and ethical standards.
* Keeping commitments to our citizens, co-workers, and others.
Service Above Self
* Being open and approachable to council members, citizens, and our fellow employees at all times.
* Treating our customers like we would like to be treated.
* Fostering a servant's heart in ourselves and each other by conscientiously doing what is best for the community in all cases.
* Passionately committed to serving others.
* Helping to make our citizens' lives better.
* Finding ways to say yes.
Excellence in All We Do
* Delivering on promises made, taking personal responsibility for achieving community-minded goals.
* Leading by example, recognizing the importance of working together to meet everyone's needs, treating everyone with courtesy, dignity, and respect.
* Sharing resources and information freely.
* Communicating regularly and honestly with council members, citizens, and employees.
* Having a can-do attitude.