As part of the application process, you are required to create a candidate account to log back in and view your application(s). Check your email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
It is the responsibility of the Bartender to mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks and provide them to guests and servers. The Bartender must ensure his/her outlet is clean, organized, and properly stocked at all times while providing excellent guest service. All duties are to be performed in accordance with federal, state, local laws, regulations, and ordinances, as well as department and Company policies, practices, and procedures.
Please note: By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you may be considered for Full-Time, Part-Time or On-Call employment.
* Makes and serves alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, proportioning ingredients according to standardized recipes. Provides food service as needed.
* Maintains bar inventory according to set pars and internal controls, and requests products to maintain stock in bar.
* Rings beverages that are poured or served, collects payment, and follows all cash handling and variance procedures, including preparing daily reports and submitting appropriate paperwork.
* Cleans all equipment, tools, and supplies, and ensures equipment is in good working order, including maintaining the cleanliness, sanitation, and appearance of the bar.
* Serves guests responsibly in accordance with Company policy, alcohol awareness training, and state laws.
* Provides Apprentice Bartenders and Bar Porters with guidance to ensure proper operation of the bar and assists them when necessary.
* Provides Apprentice Bartenders and Bar Porters with training and mentoring on overall functioning of the bar, guest service, and bartending.
* Promotes and maintains the highest level of service to all guests at the bar or in lounge area, while staying alert to their needs and responding effectively to guest inquiries.
* Resolves guest complaints within scope of authority; otherwise refers the matter to management. Notifies supervisor and/or Security of all unusual events, circumstances, missing items, or alleged theft.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* Six (6) months of experience as a Bartender and/or one (1) year of experience as an Apprentice Bartender or similar service role
* One (1) year experience as a Bartender in a high volume restaurant, bar or hotel
* Bilingual, English as the primary or secondary language
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Food Handlers Card
* Non-Gaming Registration
* Alcohol Awareness Card
* Bartender's Union Pour Card (if applicable)
* Customer Service Orientation: The ability to provide excellent service to guests and ensure their complete satisfaction. This includes greeting and interacting with guests in a friendly and enthusiastic manner, building trust, anticipating and meeting guest needs and preferences, remaining calm and professional when dealing with guests that are difficult or upset, taking ownership of guest issues or problems and taking action to quickly resolve them, and caring about and valuing guests.
* Communication: The ability to communicate information clearly and politely to coworkers, supervisors, and guests when speaking, writing, and reading English. This includes targeting the amount, style, and content of the information to the needs of the receiver.
* Team Work: The ability to participate as a committed member of a team. This includes cooperating and working well with other team members to accomplish goals and meet guest needs, being supportive of others, willingly helping others, objectively considering others' ideas and opinions, sharing information with others, adhering to team expectations and guidelines, giving proper credit to others, and fulfilling team responsibilities.
* Interpersonal Skills: The ability to develop and maintain professional, trusting, and positive working relationships with managers, supervisors, staff, coworkers, guests, and vendors. This includes being cooperative, approachable, and taking time to listen to and address others' questions or concerns; treating others with kindness, respect, and dignity; and expressing empathy and compassion when dealing with the needs and problems of others.
* Presentation: The ability and willingness to present oneself with proper grooming, hygiene, and dress. This includes wearing appropriate and clean clothing/uniform and shoes, wearing hair in a neat and clean condition, maintaining personal cleanliness, ensuring neat and clean appearance of own work area, and ensuring property facilities are litter free.
* Dependability: The ability and willingness to take ownership of work activities and ensure that they are completed accurately, efficiently, and in a timely manner. This includes being conscientious, committed, reliable, trustworthy, and accountable for completing work activities.
* Integrity and Company Policies Knowledge: The ability and willingness to uphold ethical standards and comply with all federal, state, and local laws and company policies, procedures, and regulations. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all sensitive and proprietary information and avoiding conflict of interest situations.
* Multi-Tasking: The ability to process multiple types of information and/or perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Computer Skills: The ability and willingness to learn how to operate the cash register and all point of sale (POS) devices.
* Beverage Knowledge: The ability and willingness to learn and obtain a working knowledge of all menu items, including mixing and serving beverages, standard beverage recipes, preparation methods, glassware, garnishes, products, menu items, supplies, and equipment.
* Physical Strength: The ability to lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, stomach, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
* Agility: The ability to bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks.