NBC Universal, Inc.
NBC News is looking for a highly motivated Associate Producer with a passion for news on all platforms (broadcast, digital, and mobile). In this position you will work directly with producers, senior producers, and correspondents to help pitch, write and produce news content for broadcast and the web. Assist with full scope of production including research, booking, pre-interviewing
Digital journalism including shooting video and stills, and editing skills are required
Write and produce segments, broadcast and online stories and produce live shots
Gather visual elements and assist with editing for segment production
Coordinate with technical and operations staff and outside resources selected by producers
Produce and pitch story ideas and content to all platforms
TV Content - Production
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
• Must have at least two years editorial production experience at a network, cable or digital outlet
• Must have developed digital journalism skills for laptop editing, shooting, latakoo, live-u
• Must be social media savvy - proficient in finding, attracting, licensing, and tracking user generated content
• Must have a Bachelor's degree
• Must be willing to work in Miami
• Must be willing and able to work flexible hours including weekends, overnights, and holidays under tight deadline pressure, including breaking news
• Must be willing to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift with little or no notice if needed
• Must be willing to travel
• Strong news judgment - work ethic
• Knowledge of non-linear editing systems including Avid
• Demonstrated strong knowledge and interest in news and current events
• Strong interpersonal - communication skills
• Solid working knowledge of newsroom systems - satellite operations is critical
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
NBC Universal, Inc.
Website : http://www.nbcuniversal.com
NBCUniversal is one of the world’s leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks, and a suite of leading Internet-based businesses. NBCUniversal is owned by Comcast Corporation.