The Accounting Manager performs professional level accounting work in the generation, analysis, and maintenance of fiscal records related to assigned AEG Presents Business Unit(s). The position requires considerable knowledge of basic accounting principles and accounting functions in order to work independently to complete tasks.
The Accounting Manager will be responsible for performing all monthly tasks related to, but not limited to, the recording of revenue, deferred revenue, accrued expenses, payroll, intercompany, cash related entries, and the generation of various reports for management use. This individual will be required to apply accounting knowledge to ensure proper coding and recording for all balance sheet and income statement line items.
This individual may be asked to perform ad-hoc analyses and create spreadsheets and reports for management as necessary. In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position will be required to perform some or all of the following supportive functions as determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company / business unit(s).
1. Analyze process, audit and reconcile transactions and financial reports. Prepare various reports and analyses for management.
2. Responsible for the preparation and completion of the annual budget and monthly reforecasting.
3. Reconcile various general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, including cash, receivables, fixed assets, intercompanies, payables, deferrals, etc. Prepare and input journal entries and determine appropriate accruals to be made monthly.
4. Respond to third parties, internal staff, auditors and management inquiries on a timely basis.
5. Create support schedules for monthly financial packages, and update as determined to be necessary based on ongoing trends and actual data. Create and analyze supporting schedules for financial activities.
6. Maintain entity and departmental accounting policies and procedures, and develop and implement improved accounting policies and procedures, if necessary.
7. Apply strong knowledge of chart of accounts to verify coding of vendor transactions
8. Provide suggestions to management and supervisor on ways to implement efficiencies with daily processing and reporting activities, and implement as approved.
9. Review and approve accounts payable invoices and expense reports timely. Monitor receivable aging reports and collect outstanding receivables.
10. Process, distribute, and administer billings for various programs and projects
11. Management and supervision of business unit(s) accounting staff.
12. Perform ad hoc projects as determined to be necessary to complete monthly and annual tasks.
Required Qualifications (Job Knowledge, Skills, and Education):
1. A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/Sciences Degree (4-year)
Area of Study: Accounting
2. Years of related work experience: 5
3. Experience working with complex computer systems/financial applications, preferably JD Edwards, insight, Oracle.
4. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system/financial application.
5. Must have considerable knowledge with basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.) and accounting functions.
6. Must have knowledge of complex accounting principles related to revenue recognition.
7. Ability to work independently and complete duties and projects with little direct supervision.
8. Ability to accurately work under pressure in meeting deadlines.
9. Must have excellent organizational skills.
10. Must have hands-on computer skills and ability to operate a 10-key adding machine by touch.
11. Must be proficient with Excel, Word and Email applications.
12. At peak times this position may require work on weekends, evenings and potentially travel to various projects, venues, and festivals.
1. Relevant experience in the entertainment industry
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
Up to 10%
Req Create Date:
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.