Victorious Believers Ministries
VICTORIOUS BELIEVERS MINISTRIES CHURCH OF GOD IN CHRIST MUSIC MINISTRY
LEADERSHIP POSITION DESCRIPTION
Position title: Church Drummer
Reports to: Director of Music
Date Revised: March 2018
A skillful born-again musician to minister the gospel through contemporary and traditional Christian/gospel music. The Church Drummer is responsible for playing for congregational services, the choirs, accompanying musical groups, the pastor and assisting in other musical activities in the church (onsite and offsite). Work in harmony with the Director of Music, Music Department, and leaders of the church to fulfill the Pastor’s vision as it relates to the ministry of music and overall mission of the church.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Play for all services of the church, both regular and special, as directed by the Pastor and Music Director. This includes funerals conducted in the sanctuary as well as other occasions when a drummer is needed.
• Assist the Director of Music and Pastor with planning the various worship services of the church.
• Travels with the Pastor and accompany Church choirs in and out-of-town
• Play for special church-sponsored events such as evangelistic outreach, fine arts, etc. when requested. This includes learning the music and attending special and necessary rehearsals leading up to the production. (Weddings must be arranged separately between the wedding party and musician).
• Accompany choir rehearsals (Echoes of Praise, Youth, Children, special days choir) as directed by the Director of Music. Work with the Director of Music (or designee) to prepare music material choir rehearsals.
• Practice regularly and attend weekly band rehearsals to prepare to accompany musical groups, including the Praise Team or special events/activities requiring music.
• Assist the Director of Music in ensuring that the drums are in good working order and up-to-date. Promptly notify the Director of Music if any repairs/maintenance is needed for the drums.
• Assist the Director of Music in preparing for sound checks before worship services and special events.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Music or Office of the Pastor.
• Become a member of Victorious Believers Ministries.
• Mandatory attendance required on major service days including Vision Day, Pastoral Anniversary, Men & Women’s Weekend and any other days designated by pastor.
• Ensure that the band area is kept neatly and direct any concerns to the Minister of Music and/or Administrative staff.
Other General/Personal Responsibilities:
• Maintain a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed bible study, prayer and meditation.
• Become a member of Victorious Believers Ministries
• Faithfully attend services and teaching ministries.
• Financially support the work of VBM by faithfully tithing (10% of your income). Maintain wise stewardship measures over the remaining 90%.
• Promote and support the overall vision of the Pastor to all music participants.
• Attend at least one prayer monthly (i.e. Monday evenings, Monday-Friday Noon).
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated by the Pastor and/or the Music Director in accordance with the provisions of the Employment Policies established by Victorious Believers Ministries.
Position Type: Part-Time Permanent
Years of Experience Required:
Victorious Believers Ministries