City of Port Townsend
RECRUITMENT ANNOUNCEMENT CITY OF PORT TOWNSEND
Fitness Instructor Mountain View Pool
Date Posted: April 10, 2018
Salary: $ 14.37 /hour Non-benefitted Part-Time
Closing: Application review begins April 23, 2018; open until filled.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply soon, as posting may close at anytime after April 23, 2018
FITNESS INSTRUCTOR JOB SUMMARY
Under general supervision of the Aquatic Program Supervisor develops and leads exceptional water-based fitness programs (i.e. water aerobics) to class participants of all ages and abilities.
Position is part-time and requires a flexible work schedule that may include weekends, mornings, afternoons, and evenings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Teach water fitness classes for participants of all ages and abilities with an effective and positive communication style and instruction techniques
* Ability to instruct to a variety of ability levels simultaneously by offering alternate moves or exercises when necessary.
* Provide structured classes that are effective in meeting the goals of the Mountain View Pool
* Set-up and put away any equipment used for classes including moving lane lines, stairs, etc.
* Communicate to supervisor any issues or concerns
* Submit timesheets and reports in a timely manner
* Provide superior customer service to all pool patrons
* Attend in-service trainings
* Previous experience working as an aquatic fitness instructor not required, willing to provide training
* Ability to pass a criminal history background check
* Previous experience working as an aquatic fitness instructor
* Current First Aid/CPR/AED certification
* Current Aquatic Exercise Association (AEA) certification or equivalent
* Current Lifeguard Certification
A pool employee's duties often require long periods of sitting or standing in a hot, humid and often noisy environment. While performing this job the employee may sit, stand, walk, grab, pull and push objects in or out of water, squat down, stoop, kneel, crouch and jump. The employee may also need to move or lift up to 50 pounds. Specific vision and hearing abilities are required to perform the job duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
OTHER CITY REQUIREMENTS
* Punctual and consistent attendance
* Possess a Washington Drivers License and maintain a driving record acceptable to the City's insurance carrier.
* Dress and grooming appropriate to the position.
* Safety attire, equipment and practices appropriate to the position.
* Deal tactfully and courteously with the public.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees
The City of Port Townsend is an equal employment opportunity employer. The City employs, retains, promotes, disciplines and otherwise treats all employees and job applicants strictly on the basis of job-related qualifications and competence. These policies and all employment practices shall be applied without regard to any individual's sex, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation (including gender identity), pregnancy, age, marital status, military status, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties to be performed. The employee occupying the position will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisors.
This job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the City and the employee and is subject to change as the needs of the City and requirements of the job change.
City of Port Townsend
Website : http://www.cityofpt.us/
Port Townsend was founded in 1851 and is located approximately 40 miles Northwest of Seattle. Port Townsend has a population of approximately 8,925 and is the County Seat and only incorporated city of Jefferson County. Port Townsend prides itself on its historic charm and stunning natural setting. In addition to its natural scenery, the City is known for many Victorian buildings remaining from its late 19th-century heyday, numerous annual cultural events, and as a maritime center for independent boat-builders and related industries and crafts. Port Townsend's Historic District is a U.S. National Historic Landmark District. For things to do, shopping, lodging and dining information please visit EnjoyPT.com.