Time Warner Inc.
Posting Job Description
This is our story
CNN Technical Operations is at the center of our global live media experience. We are the team with a front row seat to every story, every show, and every event as history is made before our eyes. We are a home for opportunities: to be part of the action, to grow, to develop, and to influence. We are the spirit behind the movement to #gothere. We are CNN. Will you join us?
See what it's like to work at CNN! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
What part will you play?
A CNN SWAT Audio Designer (SWAT A1) plays an integral role as part of the live control room production team that is well versed in the art of audio mixing and thrives in the fast paced 24x7 news environment while being responsible for enhancing various audio elements for live and pre-produced events. What sets the position apart, is the CNN SWAT Audio Designer has an adaptable skillset as well as a deeper knowledge of advanced features of all the control room audio consoles which allows them to train new Audio Designers (A1s) and cover any schedule across all CNN News Group network platforms.
What will you be doing?
· Develop, test and document processes, workflows and Standard Operating Procedures.
· You are a subject matter expert (SME) of the audio technology and workflows.
· Collaborate with the management team with involvement in projects and network initiatives.
· Serve as a mentor and trainer to Audio Designers.
· Creative influence to enhance the viewer experience of our productions.
· Consulting and collaborating with the Show Director and other key stakeholders.
· Assists Supervisor in evaluating and implementing new workflows and procedures.
· Demonstrate ability to operate independently through proven leadership skills.
What do we need from you?
Minimum experience requirements include:
· 3-5 years industry experience mixing in a live news environment, operational knowledge of all control room positions and familiar with all aspects of live television and pre / post production.
· Proficient with audio-related components, including intercom and ancillary equipment (e.g. ENCO, AZ Edit, Evertz Routers)
· Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the audio field.
· Demonstrated problem solving skills.
· Demonstrated leadership & communication skills.
· Ability and desire to work under pressure and in 24x7 'live news' environment.
· Demonstrate an overall positive attitude and ability to work well with others.
· Open to and accepting of new technologies as well as the ability to quickly learn those new technologies.
Desirable requirements (not mandatory) include:
· Prior experience with Studer or Euphonix consoles in a live control room environment.
· Experience with PA Set-up and large audience events.
But wait, there's more!
· Paid time off every year to volunteer
· 2015 Best Company for Working Mothers
· An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
·Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands like HBO, Cartoon Network, Adult Swim, TNT, and TBS.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Time Warner Inc.
Website : http://www.timewarner.com
Time Warner Inc., a global leader in media and entertainment with businesses in television networks and film and TV entertainment, uses its industry-leading operating scale and brands to create, package and deliver high-quality content worldwide on a multi-platform basis. Overview Our operating divisions, Home Box Office, Inc., Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. share a dedication to light up the world’s screens with the best storytelling, across technological frontiers and geographic boundaries. They maintain unrivaled reputations as homes for creativity and excellence, with brands and leading scale that attract the best talent and ideas, and allow creative talent and journalists to realize their visions and share them with the world. HBO, with its sister channel Cinemax, is the world’s leading premium pay-television and subscription video on demand (SVOD) service, Turner has one of the world’s premier portfolios of advertising-supported cable networks and related brands, and Warner Bros. is the world’s leading producer of television programming and filmed entertainment. And while our divisions are separate businesses, they each foster a culture that encourages and embraces constructive collaboration.