Interscope Geffen A&M Records
The A&R Administration, Senior Manager will be responsible for the day to day financial activities relating to new album budgeting, advance payments, payment forecasting, vendor set up, vendor management, union analysis/payment, and other financial duties relating to new album and catalog development.
• Set up new frontline artists and projects in Atlas after executed contract has been received or, if there is a need for rush set up and BA approves, a signed deal memo will suffice.
• Request project set up in SAP and Uniport
• Be able to compile recording budgets from scratch and/or review budgets for accuracy and union compliance with producer / artist /A&R before submitting for label approval
• Set up approved budgets in SAP and Uniport
• Review recording contracts for payment details: recording fund amounts, artist advances and contractual payee information
• Set up new vendors: send vendors link and instructions to register.
• Review new vendor registrations in uniport and confirm paperwork is correct/accurate
• Prepare budget reforecast approval memos if needed; then circulate for approval
• Review all recording expenses and relay issues back to producer/ A&R and/or finance.
• Liaise with A&R, business & legal, finance, contract admin, copyright, production, management, producers, production managers, vendors, musicians and vocalists.
• Coordinate with A&R, artist, producer and managers re: recording budgets and schedules; confirm royalty rates for producers and/or mixers
• Set up recording sessions; coordinate studio, engineers, talent, book travel and negotiate fees/rates.
• Approve Uniport Requisitions/ POs and travel (ETa)
• Review, authorise, pay and track recording costs in Uniport.
• Review all producer/ production manager AFM and AFTRA contracts for accuracy before submission to union payroll
• Provide recording cost information for finance
• Prepare producer and mixer declarations for projects if needed
• Review label copy and credits for union compliance
• Advise production of mastering dates and studio contact information
• Review deliverables before paying back-ends (executed producer agreement; union contracts; publishing info; audio files submission etc.)
• Coordinate with A&R retrieval of audio files/media from producer/artist for verification and delivery to the UMG vault.
• Complete/Assist in other tasks and projects as needed
• Ability to learn new systems quickly
• Must be extremely well organized
• Ability to multi-task and handle multiple priorities at any given time
• Ability to manage and meet tight deadlines
• Ability to communicate and maintain good relationships with both internal and external parties.
• Prior A/P or A/R Experience Required
• A&R Administration Experience, a plus
• Proficiency in Excel
• 3 years experience in related area/field
• Experience working with AFM and AFTRA unions, a plus
• Familiar with Uniport, SAP and/or Atlas systems
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-247 in the application.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records
Website : http://www.interscope.com
Universal Music Group (UMG) leads the music industry in global sales with an estimated worldwide market share in 2005 of 25.6%. Its global operations encompass the development, marketing, sales and distribution of recorded music through a network of subsidiaries, joint ventures and licensees in 77 countries, representing approximately 98% of the music market.