Administrative Assistant II, Publicity - Motion Picture Group
Title: Administrative Assistant II
Position reports to: VP/SVP
Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) is a subsidiary of Sony Entertainment Inc., a subsidiary of Tokyo-based Sony Corporation. SPE's global operations encompass motion picture production, acquisition and distribution; television production, acquisition and distribution; television networks; digital content creation and distribution; operation of studio facilities; and development of new entertainment products, services and technologies.
The Domestic Publicity team is looking for an Administrative Assistant to report directly into the VP, Publicity. Administrative responsibilities include:
• Creates, manages and distributes all film documents, including review and quote compilations, calendars, key dates, recaps, reaction memos, daily breaks and campaign/activation reports for the field
• Assists in working all publicity activities such as press screenings, promo screenings, premieres, junkets etc.
• Cover talent at junkets, regional events, premieres, etc.
• Assists with daily administrative duties including answering heavy phones, drafting memos, expense reports, scheduling meetings, updating binders, charts and overall film documents
• Assists in facilitating all filmmaker requests, itineraries and approvals
• Books all travel, accommodations, cars and grooming for filmmakers
• Oversees and books all private travel for talent and filmmakers
• Manages the Daily Buzz including reading breaks, obtaining approvals by VP and distributing to filmmakers
• Assists department in tracking, compiling & distributing reviews and breaks
• Responsible for acquiring all production documents including cast and crew lists and film scripts and distributing to the team
• Responsible for creating and updating overall film documents such as Publicity Strategy Memos, Film bibles, calendars, screening memos, reaction memos and quote memos, as well as distributing them to filmmakers/executives
• Assists in creating filmmaker presentations using MS PowerPoint
• Responsible for booking all screenings, booking security, arranging projection checks and securing concessions if needed
• Assists in overseeing the budget on each film and cutting all PO's
• Responsible for all new vendor paperwork
• Responsible for submitting all invoices and handling all payment queries existing and new vendors
• Assist in the coordination of the unit publicist – payroll and finance upon hiring
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years of assistant experience
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office products
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
USA - Culver City - Studio Lot - Thalberg Bldg
**** in the application.