Login Consulting Services, Inc.
Major Entertainment Company in Los Angeles is seeking a Junior Business Analyst for a contract position.
The Business Analyst will be dedicated to Television Networks IT and work closely with business users with the guidance from either a senior business analyst or business relationship manager to assist the Vendors and Application Development Management (ADM) teams in understanding the business processes, workflows, and information requirements of the users. The Business Analyst will primarily serve in the support of the current and future applications and the requirement analysis process. Providing consulting on reactive, proactive and enhancement support services, as well as testing services to one or many applications.
Responsibilities include the following:
• Collect, review, analyze, and manage user and system requirements from business users by:
o Analyzing/understanding business challenges
o Mapping current business processes and workflows to the new system or service
o Determining interface and data conversion requirements
o Resolving any issues which may affect the business process
o Prepare/ Run reports, export and analyze data
• Establish and sustain strong on-going relationships with IT and business partners by working with the business & technical teams to clarify functional requirements for design specifications and testing.
• Develop detailed proposals, functional & data requirements, process flows, use cases, information needs, test scenarios, and obtain specification approvals
• Manage the UAT process by performing smoke testing, defect tracking and resolution, communicating status, and obtaining business approvals on UAT for scheduled deployments
• Assist in demand queue management including prioritization, capacity and build planning, scheduling, etc.
• Serve as a liaison to other teams in planning, coordination, development and deployment of multi-team enhancement or projects
• Ensure that delivered functionality/system matches the functionality specified and that business is satisfied with IT services and products.
• Understand, manage, escalate, mitigate, and communicate user expectations, status, risks/issues to all relevant IT and Business team members at all levels
• Ensure training needs are met by training users in the functionality developed
Qualifications and/or Experience Required
• Strong functional specifications and user requirements skills a must
• Evidence of business acumen in order to communicate effectively with business and IT in day-to-day operations and delivery of IT services
• Computer Science degree or equivalent education required
• SQL and VB skills required
• Agile methodology experience desired
• Network and desktop troubleshooting experience desired
• Bebanjo, Rigthsline and Tableau experience desired
• Prior experience in the Entertainment Industry, preferably in Digital/ Television Networks/ Rights Management is a huge plus
Culver City , CA
Minimum Experience (yrs):
Login Consulting Services, Inc.
Website : http://www.loginconsult.com/
Login Consulting Services, Inc. is a certified woman business enterprise (WBE), founded in 1996 by the IT consulting and career development veteran Elece Otten. Ms. Otten has since assembled a team which currently boasts over 150 years of cumulative experience in IT, Engineering and Financial Services, supplemental staffing and project work. In 2004, Login acquired the assets of CompuHope and in October 2005 acquired Programmers, Inc., both are leading IT and Engineering staffing firms.