Together with the VP and senior manager, this position is responsible for all aspects of Viacom program sales contract analysis and entry into the Viacom Rights Management System (“RMS”), and on-going support (requirements gathering for new functionality, testing of builds and deployments).
• Collect and analyze licensing agreements across all of Viacom’s businesses (Affiliate Sales, Linear, VOD, DTO, Distribution, etc.);
• Ensure complete and accurate data entry of all business and legal terms (media rights granted, obligations, options, business terms, etc.);
• Work closely with info technology team and the system Vendor to design and implement contract entry/management functionality;
• Test, document and analyze functionality to ensure accurate entry and calculations of data;
• Devise, implement and manage process and procedures around contract and other proprietary information submission and entry (creating and maintaining manuals, instructions sheets, and processes for information requests);
• Function as an expert in RMS contract entry and serve as the “go-to person” for questions and issues;
• Work with the Info technology department and RMS vendor to log defects and test system fixes;
• Prepare progress reports and presentations to deliver to senior management;
• Work with US based Rights In team, Legal and HQ business and support teams to coordinate and progress Viacom’s systematic capture of all contracts; and
• Train staff worldwide and function as the “go-to person” for contract entry into RMS.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 4 years Rights Analysis, and/or Contract Management and rights system management experience.
• Experience with using Rights Logic
• Excellent communication, administrative, and organizational skills; computer and database literate (Microsoft Office, eDocs, RMS or equivalent Contract/Rights Management System); detail oriented, ability to manage and prioritize simultaneous responsibilities; strong interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with internal personnel and external contacts.
• Proven ability to work in a demanding, multicultural environment, across time zones and across and within foreign media environment and cultures and ability to communicate with multicultural clients groups, plus; a flexibility to adapt to a work schedule that accommodates multiple cultures, time zones, and territories.
• Position will have keen ability to understand and re-assess on a constant basis the day, week, and year’s priorities, and handle matters accordingly as well as the ability to work in a team and communicate priorities and needs internally as well as externally. Client-first attitude and ability to be service oriented.
Contact the Employer
Please tell this employer that you found the listing at EntertainmentCareers.Net
Reference: ECNJOBID-74-120-248-247 in the application.
Website : http://www.viacom.com/
Viacom is home to premier global media brands that create compelling entertainment content - including television programs, motion pictures, short-form content, games, consumer products, podcasts, live events and social media experiences - for audiences in more than 180 countries on various platforms and devices.